join our team!
SolarStone Development, LLC (“SolarStone”), is a solar project developer formed by industry executives in 2013. A strong track record in developing distributed generation projects, including community solar and utility-scale projects in various markets in the US. SolarStone seeks to hire a new team member to help build and grow the business throughout the US.
SolarStone is a full-suite solar development firm offering all land acquisition, permitting, interconnection, and engineering services. We are seeking an experienced development leader who can support the company’s fast-growing solar development portfolio.
If you wish to be more than a cog in the machine, come join us! Use your skills to make a significant impact on company growth and success, while further developing your own knowledge and experience from a team that includes respected leaders in the industry.
We are looking for a Permitting & Environmental Vice President. This is a senior management position that should grow into a role on the leadership team. It requires an entrepreneurial mindset, the ability to solve issues, and the agility to navigate the regulatory and permitting process.
Permitting & Environmental Vice President:
This key position works within SolarStone’s Project Development operations and is responsible for guiding internal and external resources required to bring projects to operation. This role requires the ability to shift between strategic initiatives and tactical execution.
Using industry knowledge and outstanding communication skills, this position will manage relationships and efforts of third-party consultants. Additional external points of contact will include interconnection applications, local and county planning and permitting personnel, and environmental regulators necessary to bring projects to a final close.
Ideal candidates will have 10-15 years of direct work experience of demonstrated demonstrating success in developing new renewable energy projects, along with experience in complex contract negotiations. Further requirements for the position:
· Strong business acumen skills with demonstrated abilities to react quickly, identify, and implement actions necessary to resolve problems.
· At least 10 years of experience in the regional project development landscape.
· Working knowledge of renewable energy markets and equivalents.
· Direct experience with utility-scale and community solar interconnection applications and processes.
· Familiarity with site acquisition.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to be persuasive toward Company goals and needs.
· Demonstrated experience working with government agencies and boards, including but not limited to public utilities commissions, pollution control agencies, zoning regulators and planning commissions, and elected civic leaders.
· Ability to work remotely in an independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
· Possess sound organizational and time management skills.
Further consideration will be made to candidates who possess familiarity with:
· Renewable project development Interconnection of electric power systems.
· REC tracking systems (PJM-GARS and M-RETS).
· ISO power systems operations.
· A Midwest location would be beneficial, but is not required.
· Ability to travel domestically 20-40% depending on projects.
· Electric utility rates and tariffs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Lead scheduling, budgeting, forecasting, sequencing portfolios of projects;
· Lead Company’s efforts regarding submission to, management of, and compliance with utility provider application programs;
· Management of 3rd party consultants, interconnection, state permitting, finance partners, accounting, & legal;
· Educate & inspire team of developers who need to confidently bring projects to close or similar;
· Lead interconnection application process for solar projects;
· Lead Company efforts to secure conditional use and other governmental approvals, permits, licenses and interconnection agreements required for solar projects to become construction ready;
· Lead Company efforts to complete site layouts, energy resource analysis and selection of optimal technology selection for solar projects;
· Lead Company efforts to perform due diligence related to Company’s projects, including managing consultants and service providers, real estate title and environmental conditions;
· Lead Company efforts to identify, analyze, and prioritize new markets;
· Co-Lead Company efforts in securing project financing, construction services and ownership and maintenance programs;
· Support the Company’s efforts to sell projects by eliminating risks associated with the commencement of construction;
· Support Company & finance partner efforts to conduct power marketing, either directly or through 3rd-party companies;
· Support Company’s marketing and branding activities;
· Lead, train & manage Company staff and consultants;
· Support Company efforts to analyze prospective and actual community solar legislation and regulation;
· Perform other activities that are related to or ancillary to the foregoing services and such other activities as requested by Company that are related to the foregoing services.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- 100% permanent remote work in the United States
- Medical / dental / vision, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and company paid holidays
- Health Saving Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long Term Disability and Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Complimentary Benefit Hub Discount Marketplace